The World Looks a Little Different, But Varnish Lane's Mission Has Never Shined Brighter
Varnish Lane was founded on principles of cleanliness, safety and exceptional standards of health for both our customers and our employees. Times have changed over the past few months, but as we prepare to re-open Varnish Lane, those principles remain our guiding mission.
A safe nail care experience is not our crisis plan. It is the foundation of the Varnish Lane business. Our original vision was to offer waterless services in order to limit the risk and spread of infection, without ever sacrificing the luxury or comfort of service. Waterless has never been more important.
The Varnish Lane Standard (read more here) has always – and will continue to – guide our daily practices of cleanliness and utmost care for both our team and our clients. Additionally, we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that Varnish Lane is a place you feel safe and at-home during your nail care services.
We are truly in this together. Please read the following information before your first visit back to Varnish Lane. Your understanding and cooperation will allow us to create a space that is comfortable yet safe for our amazing clients and team members. We cannot wait to see you soon!
Practices that Varnish Lane has always maintained:
- Waterless services: Water is the main source of infection when getting your nails done, which is why we skip the water basins and whirlpools at Varnish Lane.
- Sterilization: We sterilize tools with Barbicide and use a hospital grade autoclave. Anything that cannot be sterilized is single use and will be disposed of at the end of your service.
- Daily Cleaning Practices: Our shops are cleaned daily, at the beginning and end of every shift (includes disinfecting of all surfaces, tools, and linens using disinfectants that are EPA registered and labeled as bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal).
- Personal Sanitation: Hand Sanitizer readily available around the shop.
- Temperature check: We will be taking temperatures of our staff members at the beginning of every shift and of clients before their service.
- No Mask, No Lane: We are in this together! All VL staff members will be wearing a mask during their shift. For the time being, we are also requiring that clients wear a mask for the entirety of their visit. If you accidentally forget yours, we will have some available for purchase.
- Personal Space: We have placed sneeze guard shields in between each service chair so you can rest easy in your own space.
- Squeaky-Clean Service Stations: Sterilization of service stations before & after each client’s use.
- Contactless Check-Out: In order to limit the amount of surface touching, we will use your card on file for quick and seamless checkout. We are requiring that each client have a current credit card on file prior their appointment. If your credit card has changed since the last time that you visited, please make sure you call to update before coming in.
- Dialing Up Daily Cleaning: Disinfecting of surfaces throughout the day.
- Health & Safety Training: All Varnish Lane team members have completed a health and safety training and are Barbicide certified.
General policies and appointment procedures:
- Not feeling well on the day of your appointment? If you are experiencing any signs of illness, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing a fever, cough, or trouble breathing, please stay home and reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days later to ensure you are symptom-free.
- Please be mindful of schedule. We will have less appointments to offer while under capacity restriction, and many guests are carefully planning their day to be here.
- We will be following our usual cancellation policy: Appointments cancelled within 22 hours of the scheduled time will be charged 50% of the services booked plus 20% gratuity on the original cost of the service. Appointments cancelled with 2 hours of your scheduled time or no-show’s will be charged 100% of the service cost plus 20% gratuity.
- We ask that clients do not touch the polish wall or any of the retail products without the assistance of a team member.
- Only clients with appointments are permitted in the shop.
- If you are booking an appointment with another person, we cannot guarantee seats next to each other during this time of lower capacity.
- After your service has ended, we will kindly ask clients to leave their service chair promptly so that our staff can properly sanitize each station before the next appointment.
when you arrive for your appointment:
- Please wait outside the door until a staff member comes to the door. If there are multiple clients waiting to come into the shop, please maintain social distance (Please leave as many personal items at home or in your car as possible and only bring necessary items into the shop).
- Please make sure to put your mask on before you enter the shop.
- A member of our team will take your temperature and provide hand sanitizer as you enter the shop.
- A member of our team will assist you with choosing your polish off of the wall and guide you to your service chair.