the varnish lane standard
at varnish lane, we believe in:
Keeping it Real
Honest and transparent dialogue with our clients
True beauty is authentic, healthy, and safe.
Feeling Like Family
The wellness of our staff is as important as the wellness of our clients
Pushing the Boundaries
Continued innovation as related to products and services
here is what you can expect from varnish lane:
- Waterless – Our services are waterless as we do not use water basins or whirlpools during our services.
- “7 Free or higher Polishes” – We do not use polishes that include the following toxins: formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, camphor, Dibutyl Phthalate.
- No Acrylic – We do not offer acrylic nail product as we believe the fumes are not healthy for our clients nor our wonderful and talented nail technicians.
- 100% Natural Skin Care – We use moisturizers, cuticle oils and creams that are 100% natural and which do not include phthalates, parabens or other synthetic ingredients.
- Hand washing and Gloves – Our technicians wear gloves during services and washed hands before and after attending each client, after touching surroundings, and after removal of gloves.
- Tool Sterilization – We sterilize tools with Barbicide and use a hospital grade autoclave.
- Licensing and Continuous Training – In addition to attending nail technician licensing programs, all nail technicians also receive customized training on Varnish Lane procedures and ongoing education.
- Nail Station Cleaning – All stations cleaned daily with disinfectant.
- Contraindications Evaluated – Our technicians are trained to evaluate clients at the time of service to determine if there are any contraindications that might prevent or modify the type of treatment. As an example, contraindications that would prevent service include a fungal or bacterial infection while a bruised nail may require a modification to the services provided.
- Health History Assessment – We ask all clients about changes to health since their last visit.
- Plant Based Polish Removers – We use a plant-based nail polish remover, not a petroleum based acetone.
- Evaluate and Test Every Brand – We are consistently looking for new brands that align with the Varnish Lane Standard. Prior to carrying a brand, our founders review the ingredients and personally test the products for efficacy.